Paleo Pumpkin Spice Bread
This breakfast bread is paleo and gluten free, and wonderful for a comforting, lazy Saturday. It is spiced with pumpkin goodness, and free of sugar. Top with homemade jam, nut butters, or fruit!
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice blend
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 drops of stevia, or to taste
a small handful of pumpkin seeds to top off the bread
1/2 cup chopped, dried figs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all the liquid ingredients together, including stevia drops to taste (I use four).
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined, removing all clumps.
- If you like, add in the chopped figs and combine.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish and pour the batter in, spreading evenly.
- Top with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes, or until the toothpick test comes out clean from the center of the bread.