Paleo Spring Salad
Fresh, colorful salad with radishes, beets, avocados, and apples. Perfect for spring!
This recipe is suitable for paleo, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free diets.
1 1/2 cup baby spinach
1/3 cup roasted golden beets (see directions for roasting beets)
1 medium watermelon radish, thinly sliced
2 medium French breakfast radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 medium avocado, sliced
1/3 medium apple, sliced
1/2 TBS sliced roasted almonds
1 to 2 TBS olive oil (for roasting beets)
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Peel 3-4 medium beets and dice them into small cubes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the beets with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle a dash of salt on the beets and mix again. Spread the beets onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix the spinach, radishes, 1/3 cup beets and sliced almonds together.
- Pour the salad onto a plate and top with sliced avocado and apples.
- Refrigerate any leftover beets in an airtight container
- Season salad with salt and pepper and enjoy with your dressing of choice.