These Paleo ginger spiced Christmas cookies are gluten-free and vegan.
Paleo Ginger Christmas Cookies
2 cups ground almonds
2 and 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp pure smooth almond butter
2 tbsp apple sauce (sugar free)
Handful of dried cranberries (optional)
1 & 1/2 tbsp of pure coconut oil
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (170 C)
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients together and combine to form a soft dough. If you are planning to cut into shapes, leave out the cranberries while mixing the dough and put them on the shape later to stop them from breaking.
- Flatten the dough on a clean surface to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thickness and cut into desired shapes. Alternatively just make small balls of the dough and flatten them.
- Place the shapes on a lined baking tray and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Decorate the cookies as you like.