Paleo Cauliflower Rice Recipes
Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for rice. These cauliflower rice recipes are suitable for many diets including paleo, gluten-free, lactose-free, vegetarian and vegan diets.
Cauliflower fried rice
1 head of cauliflower
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, chopped fine
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos (gluten-free soy sauce)
2 eggs, whisked
1 tsp sesame oil
- Chop the cauliflower into cubes and put a few cubes at a time into the food processor and pulse it until it looks like rice.
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Then add the onion and after 2 minutes add the garlic (garlic burns quickly).
- Saute both for one more minute then add the cauliflower. Stir-fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes until it starts getting slightly brown (add more oil if you need to).
- Add the carrots, peas and tamari and stir well. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs and let them cook.
- Then mix the entire thing together and cook for a few more minutes until everything is hot. Finish it with a few drizzles of sesame oil.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
½ large head cauliflower (you need 4 cups finely chopped)
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
½ tsp salt
2 tsp avocado oil or other extra virgin olive oil’
- Finely chop the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, or pulse in the food processor until the desired consistency.
- Toss with the oil and spread onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 18 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- When the cauliflower is done, transfer to a mixing bowl while still warm and stir in the lime, cilantro, and salt.
Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Yield 2 servings
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
3/4c finely diced tomatoes
3/4c finely diced cucumbers
2 green onions, very finely minced (use whites and greens)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 of a lemon
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop cauliflower into florets – make the size fairly uniform.
- Add cauliflower to food processor and chop for about a minute or so until the cauliflower begins to look like rice.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add tomatoes, cucumbers and onion to the cauliflower.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, and spices. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cauliflower Rice image by Chuck Feder via Flickr Creative Commons
For more delicious Paleo Recipes:
View our Paleo recipes index
Follow our Paleo Zone Recipes boards in Pinterest
Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter and Google+